Chicken Avocado with Bacon Cilantro and Garlic Dressing



Chicken Avocado with Bacon, Cilantro and Garlic Dressing

I haven't done a chicken recipe for a while so I wanted to post something different than the normal chicken meals. This recipe turned out amazing. The flavors of the bacon, cilantro and garlic dressing with the avocado and chicken all come together for one delicious meal. My only regret is not making a bigger batch of the dressing so I would have had some left over for today. I served it with a side salad with ranch dressing which added even more flavor. 

Cooking the Chicken

I love seasoning and cooking chicken breasts in the skillet. I use fresh chicken breasts and they are usually pretty thick so I cut them in half long ways. I pour olive oil on them so they are coated and season well with my favorite seasonings, (Lawry's, garlic salt, onion powder, salt, pepper and some dried parsley flakes). I let them marinate for a while if I have the time. Cook on medium to high heat and don't turn chicken until nice and brown on both side and cooked through. 

Ingredients

Desired amount of chicken breasts
8 slices of bacon cooked crispy enough to crumble
6 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup of water
4 T. of the bacon grease
4 T. of fresh lime juice
4 T of chopped cilantro
3 t. of sugar
kosher salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Cook your chicken breasts. Cook your bacon until done well enough to crumble when cooled. KEEP THE BACON GREASE. Don't pour that precious stuff out ever! I keep some in a container. Heat your skillet and add 4-5 T of the bacon grease over medium heat. Add garlic, water, lime juice and sugar and simmer for 1 minute. Add the cilantro, season with salt and pepper, add the crumbled bacon and like to let it simmer on low for about 10 minutes. 

 Slice your avocado and place on top of chicken and serve dressing on top. Enjoy!

Dressing recipe adapted from Living Eventfully








Thanks for stopping by!



Dori



You have just read the article entitled Chicken Avocado with Bacon Cilantro and Garlic Dressing. Please read the article from Riches to rags stories About http://flesherfamilyfun.blogspot.com/2013/03/chicken-avocado-with-bacon-cilantro-and.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment