Oriental Chicken Salad - A league of its own.



Oriental Chicken Salad
In a league of its own

I pulled out my famous recipe to make and send with my husband to work for a pot luck. Made the whole salad the night before and put it in the fridge for him to take to work. He took it to work the next morning but LEFT THE DRESSING! The dressing is what brings this masterpiece together!  I took the dressing to my sisters house hoping he could come pick it up because it is closer to his work. My nieces were also there visiting and they wanted me to make the salad since I had the dressing. They went to get the ingredients and I made the salad again. They went crazy over it! 

I went back today to visit and they asked if I would make it again because we had left over dressing. They said it was so good they just had to have it again so they went back to the store for more ingredients! I made it again and we wiped the bowl clean. IT IS THAT GOOD! I made it three times in two days! The funny part was the guys at work that were suppose to get the original salad loved it anyways with ranch dressing. Everyone was happy.

I have had this recipe for 24 years. It is the best Oriental Chicken Salad recipe that I have ever found. I have tried others to see if there was one better out there but nothing compares to this one. This is easy to make, the flavor is to die for and you will be the hit of the party if you bring this.

Ingredients

Dressing

1 Cup Veg Oil
1/2 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
2 tsp pepper
1 teaspoon of Sesame Seeds  (optional) I like them in it. 

This makes a lot of dressing but you can use it for other salads or cut the recipe in half. 

Salad

1 bag of coleslaw with green cabbage and carrots
2 Large Chicken Breasts
1 bunch of Green Onions
1 Package of Ramen Noodles (DO NOT use seasoning only noodles)
1 large package or 2 small packages of sliced or slivered almonds
1 package dry roasted sunflower seeds (optional)
2 Tablespoons of Butter (to saute the almonds)

Directions

Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside. Cook and shred chicken breasts. I boil mine until no longer pink in the middle. Saute almonds in butter until lightly browned and set aside. Cook Ramen noodles, drain and cut into smaller pieces. Mix all ingredients together and add dressing (shake up dressing really good before adding). Add a little dressing at a time and mix and then keep adding more until covered nicely but you don't want it drowning in it. This recipe makes a large bowl full. You can double it for a party. 







  


  




 
 You have my promise that this salad is amazing! Try taking it to the next event where you are asked to bring a salad and you will hear people asking who brought the Oriental Chicken Salad because they will want the recipe. Hope you enjoy it! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori



You have just read the article entitled Oriental Chicken Salad - A league of its own.. Please read the article from Riches to rags stories About http://flesherfamilyfun.blogspot.com/2012/04/oriental-chicken-salad-league-of-its-own.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment