How to make the perfect Rump Roast. Save Money!


How to Cook a Delicious Rump Roast 

This is the first time I have made a Rump Roast. I make a killer Chuck Roast  that will melt in your mouth. I really wanted to learn to make a great Rump Roast so I could make some other recipes that would save me SO MUCH MONEY. 

A good roast in the store at the deli will cost you over $9.00 a pound. I made a 3 plus pounder for $10.00.

My first attempt didn't go so well. I had to go pick up my kids from school and the hubby had the simple job of turning the degrees on the oven down when the buzzer went off. Well, you can probably guess what I am going to say next. He DID NOT turn the degrees down because he was watching JUDGE JUDY! It was overcooked and ruined. Grrrrr. I wasn't going to give up though I had to make the perfect Rump Roast. 

These Rump Roasts are on sale at Smiths right now and for $10.20 that was a great deal for over 3 lbs. This doesn't just feed one meal, it can feed three depending on the size of your family. I have a family of five and over the next two days I am going to show you two different recipes you can make with this $10.00 roast. I saved so much money and still had some left over. You can certainly use whatever seasonings your little heart desires. 

Ingredients

2 1/2 lb. Rump Roast (mine was 3.41)
2-3 garlic cloves sliced
Season generously with:
onion salt
garlic salt
Lawry's seasoning
salt and pepper 
1/2 can of beef broth

Directions

First rub your Rump Roast all over with Olive Oil. Make sure it is covered nicely. Put some slits in around the fatty top and sides and insert the sliced garlic. Generously season the Rump Roast. Don't be shy, give it lots of seasoning and salt and pepper. Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Use a roasting rack, this is important. You don't want the meat directly on the roasting pan. If you need to buy an aluminum one at the store that is fine just make sure you have a rack. I like the V ones. Make a tent over it with aluminum foil.  

Cook at 375 for 45 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DURING THE COOKING TIME. After the 45 minutes drop the temperature to 250 degrees and cook for another 1 1/2 hours. 

When you take it out of the oven let it sit for at least 15 minutes before taking off the tent and cutting. With a 3.41 lb roast and following these directions will give you pink in the middle and cooked more on the outside. Perfect for me.  A smaller roast will make it more rare, still perfect for me. 

IMPORTANT! Slice across the grain in very thin slices.

SAVE THE RESERVED JUICES!  My next recipe will be French Dip Sandwiches where you will want that juice for Au Jus. So yummy. The next recipe after that is an oh so delicious Oriental Beef, Cilantro, Onion and Garlic Stir Fry over Rice. A favorite that was gone in minutes.






Don't forget to save those juices! Enjoy. 

Thanks for Stopping By!



Dori

You have just read the article entitled How to make the perfect Rump Roast. Save Money!. Please read the article from Riches to rags stories About http://flesherfamilyfun.blogspot.com/2013/02/how-to-make-perfect-rump-roast-save.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment