Easy Scones with Butter and Powdered Sugar


A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.  ~Joseph Campbell


Happy Memorial Day 2012


UPDATE!  I have received several comments that these are NOT Scones. To me they are the only Scones that I know. I grew up only knowing them as Scones, on the Terrel's website below, they call them Utah Fried Scones. One the Rhodes Rolls website they call them Scones/Fried Dough/Elephant Ears. Growing up in California we called them Scones. I am in no way trying to pass something off that isn't what it is this is all I know. Must be a west coast thing or. Either way they are delicious and that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :) Hope you enjoy them!


I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day today. I just wanted to say how grateful I am for the men and women who serve for our freedom every day. It is not easy being a soldier or a soldiers wife, I know because my husband was a soldier for 13 years. Thank you for the service you give to our great country. 



Scones with Butter and Powdered Sugar


These delicious scones are super easy to make and they are DELICIOUS! We save these for special occasions because they are one of our kids favorite treats in the whole world. They appreciate them more when they get them on holidays. They requested them today and I was happy to oblige. 


The only ingredients to this are the rolls, oil, butter, honey and powdered sugar! These Terrel's County Roll/Scones are available in 9 states right now. I don't see why you couldn't use Rhodes rolls as the same thing. These are really good if you can get them. They are in the roll freezer section. Highly recommend them!


A while back when I was working in Utah we had a fundraiser and a friend of mine knows the owner of Terrel's who donated several bags for us to make scones. I have been hooked ever since. 



INGREDIENTS
12 Terrel's Country Bakery Rolls thawed and risen
vegetable oil
powered sugar
butter
jam or honey if desired

DIRECTIONS
Pour oil 2 to 3-inches deep into a small sauce pan or an electric frying pan and heat to medium high setting or 375°F. Flatten each roll into a 5-inch circle. Mine are always square.  Fry dough on each side until golden brown (about 15 seconds each side). Remove and drain on paper towel. Serve hot.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with butter, honey or jam if desired.





















anitque clipart with God Bless America

These really are super good! If you do try to make them with Rhodes Frozen Rolls because you can't buy Terrel's will you please let me know how the turn out? I would love to know and update the blog. Thank you for all your support!

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori


You have just read the article entitled Easy Scones with Butter and Powdered Sugar. Please read the article from Riches to rags stories About http://flesherfamilyfun.blogspot.com/2012/05/easy-scones-with-butter-and-powdered.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment