Steak Salad with Crumbled Blue Cheese






Steak Salad with Crumbled Blue Cheese


Rainy and cold here today in Wyoming. I don't mind the rain, we need the water, I just don't like being stuck inside all day. Got out this morning for a little bit but when I got back I was starving and ready for lunch. I looked in the fridge to see what I had and saw the leftover steak from last nights Steak and Mushroom Melt so it had to be something with steak. My eye caught the lettuce and tomato, then the light bulb went off when I saw the blue cheese. STEAK SALAD! Oh nom nom.  I love Blue Cheese, and I love love it even more when it is combined with steak and ranch dressing. I would have preferred spinach and romaine lettuce but this was all I had and I wasn't about to go back out in the rain. So this is what was for lunch today...it hit the spot. Perfect combination of flavors, I loved it!






Ingredients

Sliced Steak 
Tomato slices
Chopped green onions
Lettuce of choice
Crumbled Blue Cheese
Hidden Valley Ranch from the packet
Cilantro (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions

This is really self explanatory. I sliced up the steak that was in the fridge and heated it for about 25 seconds. I didn't want it hot but I didn't want it cold either. Put some lettuce in a bowl, then the steak, add some sliced tomatoes, crumble desired blue cheese and then pour some ranch dressing on top. Salt and Pepper to taste. 
Top with a few more onions and cilantro.


Hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I did. It was really delicious. Serve with a side of bread and fruit and it is the perfect lunch or dinner! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Dori

You have just read the article entitled Steak Salad with Crumbled Blue Cheese. Please read the article from Riches to rags stories About http://flesherfamilyfun.blogspot.com/2012/05/steak-salad-with-crumbled-blue-cheese.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment