Mediterranean Cucumber Cups


Mediterranean Cucumber Cups - Beautiful!
(only 15 minutes to make)

I ran across these beautiful Cucumber Cups at The Three Little Piglets (such a cute name) this morning and stopped in my tracks when I saw these. Not only do I wish I had one right now to eat but the presentation and photography is beautiful. She has a wonderful blog and I encourage you to please check it out. Please click on her link. Great recipes. 

You should know by now that I might just have to add some crumbled up Bacon. I love Bacon!! Sorry Pigs, I can't help it.
MEDITERRANEAN CUCUMBER CUPS
Yields: About 15 Cucumber Cups
Ingredients
2 cucumbers
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 vine ripe tomato, seeded and finely chopped
1/8 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
1/4 tablespoon dried oregano
1/8 cup fresh feta, crumbled
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon plus 1/2 tablespoon zest
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper
Directions
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the onion, bell pepper, tomato, olives, oregano, feta, parsley, lemon juice and zest, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Peel the cucumbers partially, leaving thin strips of skin going down the entire length of the cucumber. Trim the ends of the cucumbers and cut each cucumber into 1-inch thick slices. Scoop out the center of each slice with a melon baller, leaving a shell of flesh.
Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the Mediterranean salad into the cucumber cups. Garnish with additional parsley and feta, if desired.
How easy it that? Yay for easy recipes!
I see these ingredients on my shopping list today. Thanks for stopping by.
Dori




You have just read the article entitled Mediterranean Cucumber Cups. Please read the article from Riches to rags stories About http://flesherfamilyfun.blogspot.com/2012/03/mediterranean-cucumber-cups.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment