The Simple Art of Fried Rice....



I love Chinese Food! I was always to intimidated to try and make it myself until I met my friend Candy from Vietnam. She taught me some WONDERFUL recipes that I will be sharing with you soon. You won't want to me these so keep an eye out for it. 


Today I am going to show you an easy way to make really good Fried Rice. There is a special trick to making fried rice that makes all the difference so trying to get around it just wont taste as good. 


This is the most important thing to make a good fried rice.

DAY OLD RICE!


How to cook Jasmine Rice


1 cup of rice to 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a soft boil then turn heat down to low and cook for 20 minutes or until moisture is absorbed. Don't open the lid before 20 minutes!


I have a new camera on the way, I wish I had it for these pictures!


Once the rice is done I put it in a sealed container and in the fridge until I am ready to make the meal the next day. If you do it in the morning for the evening that should be ok.

The finished rice. 

Fried Rice                                                                                             

3 cups cooked DAY OLD Jasmine rice 
3 tbs sesame oil
1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots (thaw them first) 
1 small or medium onion, chopped 
2 tsp minced garlic
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce (you can use more or less to taste)


Start the chopping......A great TIP that I learned is when you are chopping onions put your cutting board under the vent below the microwave (if your have one) and turn it on high. The fumes will go up the vent instead of in your eyes. No more tears! Best advice ever.

Heat your skillet with the Sesame Oil and make sure it gets hot then throw a piece of onion in to see if it sizzles. When it is ready throw the rest of the chopped onions in. This is a handy tool for anything chopped, easy to scoop up.
Put the peas and carrots, the minced garlic, a big pinch of Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste.
 Stir together and cook until tender. When that is cooked and tender then push everything over to one side so you can make the scrambled eggs. 





 Add the rice and the soy sauce and mix together. Now you are done! Wasn't that easy? 
 Top it with green onions a little bit of pepper and more soy sauce if you want. So Good!
  Mmmm Mmmmm Gooood.

You can add whatever you want to this recipe. Pork, Chicken, Shrimp, more vegetable. You name it!


Check back soon, I am going to have some more wonderful recipes for you! You won't want to miss the salad. It's a keeper. 


Thanks for much for stopping by. Please become a follower! Have a great day. 


Dori

You have just read the article entitled The Simple Art of Fried Rice..... Please read the article from Riches to rags stories About http://flesherfamilyfun.blogspot.com/2012/03/the-simple-art-of-fried-rice.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment