Homemade Bacon Salt - Be Still My Heart (No Pun Intended)

Afternoon Mini Post

I found this on Formal Fringe and the website has the cute Printable as well. Great blog.


Two things that I love and the are combined? Get out!
Bacon and Salt. Those that know me understand. 

I know they aren't good for you BUT to enjoy them on a few things makes it ok. :)



I made this one today and here is a picture of my version. You can get the little jars at Walmart. One of these days I am going to get a nice camera that can take those fancy pictures but until then, this is it!







WARNING: This is made with Bacon and Salt.

What would you eat your Homemade Bacon Salt with? Just to name a few would be Macaroni and Cheese,  Baked Potato, French Fries, Corn, Hamburgers and Nachos. Mmmmmmm.




HOMEMADE BACON SALT
4 slices of bacon
1/4 cup coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper

Cook bacon strips in the oven or on a griddle until they’re just overcooked.
In a food processor or plastic bag, blend or crush bacon strips until there are only small chunks and a paste begins to form.
In a bowl or jar, stir or shake together the bacon with the sea salt and pepper until well-mixed. Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator when not in use.
ENJOY!
Dori












You have just read the article entitled Homemade Bacon Salt - Be Still My Heart (No Pun Intended). Please read the article from Riches to rags stories About http://flesherfamilyfun.blogspot.com/2012/03/homemade-bacon-salt-be-still-my-heart.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment