Baked Tortellini - Easy Family Meal


Baked Tortellini


Today was so warm! I am loving it and can't wait to get back out into the open dirt road to visit some of our Wyoming Wild Horses. Aren't they beautiful? At least once a week I go out looking for them and have so missed doing that during the winter. 



I am a very lucky Mother to be a Stay at Home Mom. I have worked MANY years in the Corporate world and I love that I can now stay home and I am grateful for that. Last night my 6 year old son woke up at 3:00 with a bad stomach ache and without going into detail we were up all night. Finally around noon we got to go back to sleep and get some rest. I needed something that I could make for dinner that was fast and just a quick few ingredients at the store. This is perfect.







I came across this recipe on Turbo Chef and was pleasantly surprised at the how easy and good it looked. Just a few ingredients I can buy at the store pop it in the oven and I am done.  This was my go to meal for tonight's dinner. Of course, I had to share it with you! We all need a go to meal that is fast and easy for days like these. 
Ingredients:

20 oz. of tortellini, cheese-filled, cooked
15 oz. of Alfredo sauce, prepared (store bought or make your own)
4 oz. of prosciutto, minced (or you could use sliced up thin deli ham)
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded


Directions:

You can think of this dish as ‘gourmet Mac and cheese’ but both adults and kids will love it. 
To prepare the Tortellini Alfredo, boil pasta according to package directions and drain. Cut the Prosciutto into small ½” pieces. Spread ¼ C of the Alfredo sauce evenly on the bottom of a 1” deep ceramic or Pyrex dish. In a large bowl, mix together the tortellini, Prosciutto and the remaining Alfredo sauce then place mixture into the 1” deep dish and spread evenly. Next, sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the tortellini, making sure to cover all of the tortellini. Place the dish in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until the top of the cheese is golden brown and the inside is hot and bubbly. 


Serve with a nice salad and some Artisan bread and you have a really nice easy meal. 






Hope you enjoy today's quick and easy meal. Thanks for stopping by!
Dori



You have just read the article entitled Baked Tortellini - Easy Family Meal. Please read the article from Riches to rags stories About http://flesherfamilyfun.blogspot.com/2012/03/baked-tortellini-easy-family-meal.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment